Monday, July 13, 2015

12 Investigadores En La Capilla. (12 Investigators in the Chapel.)

Hola Familia Y Amigos!

This week was a solid week for us! It was the last week of the transfer, and today after email they are going to announce changes! It will be interesting to see how things go! 

Well, it really was a solid week. On Monday, we moved into our new room, and lemme just say...it is NICE. It will be kinda funny if I get changed cause it means I only lived in the room for a week, but nevertheless, it is a fancy room. I took our electric shower out of our old room, and used my mad plumbing skills to install it in the new room. A whole roll of electrical tape later, we have a nice hot shower:) The new room is brand new, newly painted and everything, with a kitchen, fancy bathroom, and private balcony. Living the high life, I know. Well, we still lacked a sofa. So, we were walking down the street, and my comp said, "I have a feeling we are gonna find a sofa."  That instant, we saw one outside a house across the street. We went up and I said, "I wanna buy your sofa?"  He was like, "okay how much will you give me?" I thought about it for a sec, and said, "20 soles" (which is ridiculously low) and he was like..."yeah! Take it away now if you want!"  So, now we have a sofa.

      It was a good week of missionary work. We found a family with like ten people, and THEY ALL WANT TO BE BAPTIZED IN AUGUST! They are awesome, and super open, and they like to give food and play games. They are going to make great members of the church. All nine of them came to church with us on Sunday! They even paid for the moto taxi to go down from the hills:) how nice of them. I am excited to teach them and see how they progress.

We also found a cool guy named Franchesco who wants to be baptized on August first, and the parents of Joselyn and Ingrid the recent converts are listening to us too! We are so blessed with these people to teach. 

     Yesterday, Manuel, our one-legged friend, received the priesthood, and he is so so so happy! He is planning on going to the temple with the caravan on Thursday to do confirmations for the dead! Joselyn and Ingrid, who were recently baptized, will also be going to the temple for the first time on Thursday! Yay for them!!!!:)

Well, we are excited to see what the new change brings, and wherever the Lord sends me, I am ready to continue serving him with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength. 

Thanks for everything you guys do, you guys are the best, and have been so supportive these past 11 months. (Today is my eleven month mark in the mission.) Love ya´ll.

Con Mucho Amor, 
Elder Reschke.

P.S. Sorry there’s no pictures this week because I left my camera on my desk:(

P.S.S. We met a guy this week that is convinced that the gringo missionaries are spies sent to spy on the Peruvians! (This is not true!)

P.S.S.S. Stay tuned until next week, when I explain how my Comps. thought that the new sofa was haunted.

Questions Elder Reschke answered this week:

Miracle of the week?
That Manuel received the priesthood!

Scripture of the week?
Alma 19:36:
 “And thus the work of the Lord did commence among the Lamanites; thus the Lord did begin to pour out his Spirit upon them; and we see that his arm is extended to all people who will repent and believe on his name.” 

It talks about how the work of the Lord amongst the Lamanites began, and it amazed me that I am continuing this work, by serving a mission in Peru!

No comments:

Post a Comment