Monday, July 20, 2015

¡Hijo Mio!‏ (My son.)


Hola Familia Y Amigos! 

The big news of the week is..drumroll please...I now have a son in the mission! Which means I get to train a newbie fresh from the MTC. His name is Elder Ramirez, from Chile. AND....he is awesome!! I am so excited to work with him and mold him into the excellent servant of the Lord he is destined to become. We went to work the first day, and had a solid first day. Actually, this whole week was just great. We ended up teaching 39 lessons this week, which I think is a new personal record for me. I think that this first week will be a reflection on the rest of his mission, so I made sure that we worked hard.  We’re gonna work super hard so that I can shape him, but at the same time very loving, so I can help him in times of need.  He has already progressed a lot this week.  He will be a great missionary!

     But, yeah we had a solid first week. We have a bunch of really cool new Investigators, so I am excited to teach them and see how they progress. More to come on them! 

     Moreover, there was a Ward Temple Visit this week, and we managed to get 3 converts to the temple! Ingird, Joselyn, and Manuel our one legged friend. It amazes me that less than two months ago, Manuel didn’t want to have anything to do with us, and now he has gone to the temple to do the work for the dead. What a neat experience that must have been for him! He is super happy with this change that he has seen in his life.

Elder Hilario, my old companion, was just moved to the other area in the Ward, so he is still in the Ward and everything, so it’s almost like he never left. 

But yeah, it's been a busy week, but really full of the Spirit. This week I really increased my testimony of the Book of Mormon. This book of scripture is so marvelous, and it changes lives! I invite every one of you to bring this book into your lives even more, and you will really begin to feel the miracles of our Heavenly Father working everyday in your lives, and the power of the love and atonement of Jesus Christ. It is something marvelous! 

Hope you all have a great week, and thanks for all the support.
 Con Mucho Amor, 
Elder Reschke

P.S. Sorry but I don’t have a picture of my son yet, because today when we were gonna take the picture he got really sick, and we didn’t want to force a smile. So, next week. (I think he is just becoming accustomed to the Peruvian food, because the Chilean food is completely different.)

P.S.S. We saw another cockfight yesterday.   But this time it wasn’t a practice, it was the real thing! Not for sensitive eyes, that’s for sure!

Questions Elder Reschke answered this week:

Miracle of the week?
Miracle of the week was that we were able to get Manuel to the temple in his wheelchair!

Scripture of the week?
Heleman 5:12:
“And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.”

Because, everyone needs to build their foundation on the rock of the Savior!


What have you learned from your last companion, Elder Hilario?
From Elder Hilario, I learned to enjoy every moment in the mission, even the difficult moments, and I really learned to think outside the box to find solutions.


                                                       My mad plumbing skills: 
                            Getting our "new" couch back to our room .  3 Soles in a moto, not bad:
                                                                 Our "new" couch:
                     Saying good-bye to Elder Aoki.  He is headed back to the U.S. after two years:



                                    My buddy, Elder Martinez from the Dominican Republic:
                                                       Temple trip for our new converts:
              Temple trip with our new converts.  I asked one of the returned missionaries of the
                        Ward to go to the temple and take pictures to document the temple trip:
                                                         Temple trip for the new converts.
                                                 They were all so happy to be at the temple:

 This is Jose`.  We were just walking down the street and he came up to us, and said he wanted
to study the scriptures with us.  I was like "okay."  So he went running to his house, and brought his bible, and we sat on the curb and studied the scriptures for a bit.  Oh, and he is 6, by the way:
                                                           Scripture study with Jose`:
            Look!  Kraft Macaroni and Cheese that some missionary's parents sent from the States!
                                                                    What a nice gift:)
                                                                           Hands up:

5 comments:

  1. Wow, it would be awesome if all new converts got to the temple that quick.

    From Stockton-"Wow that mac and cheese looks delicious. I want to go to Peru, even if it's a poor place."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Stockton's comment:) I think Jake looks a lot like Dan in that last picture. And I guess they don't have U Hauls in Peru huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of the six-year-old studying the scriptures on the curb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture of the six year old with his scriptures is priceless.

    ReplyDelete