Monday, April 18, 2016

I Couldn't Believe My Ears.

Hola Familia Y Amigos! 

This was a solid week for us here in Canto Grande. On Monday, for P. Day, I planned the Amazing Race. It was a lot of fun, and one of the items was “take a Selfie with the Llama in the Llama Park.”   I probably should have remembered that one of the Zone members is on crutches because he broke his leg a few weeks ago. Oops. That one completely passed over my head. 

We had a good week working here in the area. As of right now, we have three baptismal dates. Milly, Christian, and Renzo. We are very happy for Renzo, because he is a long time investigator. He has been through SOOOOOOOOOO many different missionaries. The thing is he is a professor, author, and studies philosophy, so he looks at everything in a very analytical sense. We finally just asked him, "DO you believe that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church upon the face of the earth which has the authority to baptize you so you can receive your salvation?”   He answered, "Yes." "Then will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized on May 7th?" (Long Pause). Then he said, through tears, "Yes. The time has come, and I need to be baptized." I couldn’t believe my ears. SOOO many Elders have passed through here and he has always said “not yet not yet.”   He finally accepted this glorious message of the restored gospel, and it was all thanks to The Book of Mormon. Im telling you all;  The Book of Mormon does miracles. If you haven’t read it, READ IT!. You just never know the way in which it might change your life.

     SO on Friday, we had room inspections, so Elder Bradford and I took Sister Erickson around to all the rooms of the Zone to make sure they all had refrigerators, furniture, etc. She gave us a tasty breakfast:) 

It was also my LAST interview with President Erickson. He did things a little differently. He only talked about the Zone for a brief minute, and then took a pause and said, "Well, Elder Reschke, this is our LAST interview together, so I think it would be appropriate to take some time to reflect.He told me about everything he has seen in me for the last 21 months, and talked a little about what I am going to do after the mission. It was super weird to have my last interview with President Erickson, but it was a solid interview, and I learned a lot.

     Friday, Elder Bradford and I had to go buy furniture for some missionaries. Let me just say, I am the master of negotiating. hehehe. We got stuck in a Peruvian marketplace, and let me just tell you a Peruvian market on a Saturday morning is like COSTCO on a Saturday morning times 50. It is the most hectic place you have ever seen in you life, with people running all over yelling, selling things, and dead animals hanging up all over the place, a variety of different smells, it is something that you have to experience to really understand.

     Yesterday was a solid Sunday, and we were able to have a good meeting with the Stake Presidency to talk about the Zone, and we also had a very good meeting with Renzo to help get him ready for his baptism. So, all is well in the land of the Lamanites.

Hope you all have a fantastic week. 

Con Amor,
Elder Reschke. 

Questions Elder Reschke answered this week:

Miracle of the Week? 
The miracle of the week was the fecha (date) with Renzo.

What is the weather like now?
It is still hot during the days, but cools down a bit at night which is nice

Funny story:

Oh, so funny story that I don’t think I ever told you guys. This lady in my Ward in Carabayllo came up to me and said, "Your Dad is a dentist!" and I was like, “Yeah how did you know?”  She said she has a sister who lives in Utah and this sister, she went to the dentist and it just happened to be Dad, and that the dentist (Dad) told her that he had a son on the mission in Lima, Peru, and she told Dad that she had a sister that lived in Lima and said she would ask her if she knew me. Small world huh? Haha I don’t think I ever told you guys that story.

No comments:

Post a Comment