Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Travel Day.

    Early Wednesday morning (2:30 a.m.) Elder Reschke arrived at the Salt Lake City Airport.
There were probably over 50 Elders and Sisters, all flying to the Mexico City MTC.


                  After a long wait at the airport Elder Reschke was more than ready to say good-bye:
                                        He checked his luggage and hugged us good bye.
                                    His last words to us were: "I love you.  See you in 2."
As usual, Elder Reschke was first at the line to go:
                   We walked up above the lobby of the airport and saw a sea of missionaries all
                    leaving to serve the Lord.  They looked like "The Army of Helaman!" And, we
                    are proud that Elder Reschke is one of them!


Email received that evening:

Hey Mom and Dad, 
I am here safe at the Mexico City CCM. Our plane in Dallas was delayed an hour. You thought Utah drivers were bad, wait til you see Mexico City! haha, but it really is such a neat place here. The Spirit is strong, and I am glad to be here. 
For dinner I had this spicy chicken pastry thing with a mango, some rice, and some jicama flower juice. It was good!
 Well, just like Dan said, I don't really miss you guys because I am too excited.
 But, I love you guys so much.
 Today I embark on an amazing journey, and I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am. 
Hope all is well, and I love you guys.

Love, 
Elder Reschke

1 comment:

  1. Looks like this is the start of lots great posts to come!

    ReplyDelete