Monday, January 19, 2015

FELIZ CUMPLEANOS to me:)

Hola Familia Y Amigos!
 Hope you all had a great week! My week was pretty busy, but it was just great. We did a way neat service project on Wednesday and moved a giant pile of dirt away from this guy’s house up in the hills. 

We had some way good lessons this week...a bunch of people that were super interested. Transfers are in a week, and they haven’t announced them yet, but Elder Aoki and I are pretty sure we are going. So we already started packing our bags. Haha.

 Saturday was my birthday, and it was a fantastic day. We woke up early to play soccer as a Zone. Hermana Norma made pancakes for breakfast, so that was fun. We had Adobu (chicken, rice, coconut milk) for lunch...it’s like a dish from Arequipa, Peru. Pretty tasty. Then I guess it’s a Peruvian tradition to crack eggs on your head and dump a bunch of flour on top. That was fun to clean up:)  Good thing I had a comb to get the dough out of my hair! That night the A_____´s threw a little party for me. They sang Feliz Cumpleaños, and then we had this REALLY tasty chocolate cake that they got from a bakery. It’s also a tradition to smash the cake in the persons face after they blow out the candles. Then every one of them went around in a circle and said something nice, it was really a neat experience seeing how loving the people of Perú are towards some Gringo, stranger to their country. It was the best, and I know I am going to remember my 19th birthday for the rest of my life! 

Saturday night we swung by an Investigator named Alexandra. She is pretty cool. We taught her about the importance of the Sabbath Day. She made a huge sacrifice to come to church. She works ALL NIGHT until 8 in the morning. She came home, got an hour of the sleep, and then got up and came to church with us at 10:30. I know that she is going to receive lots of blessings for this sacrifice that she made. Really, that is something that we should all keep in mind. When we get out of our comfort zone and do something that we know is God's will we are ALWAYS going to receive great blessings.

 We also saw the Power of the Priesthood in action this week. We gave a blessing to a girl who was really sick, and immediately after she looked a lot better and a lot happier. 

Well this week was a good week, and I am looking forward to this upcoming week. I gotta leave Progreso with a bang! I am excited to go work this week. I hope ya´ll have a great week! 

Con Amor, 
Elder Reschke

P.S. GO PATRIOTS


                                             Breakfast pancakes:
                                                                   Birthday lunch:
Peruvian tradition; cracking an egg on the birthday person's head, and then adding a cup of flour:
                                                                              Birthday cake:
                                                            Elder Reschke's 19th birthday:
                                                                 Birthday party for Elder Reschke:

                                                                  Zone Service Project:
 
                                                      Peruvian tradition; smashing cake:

1 comment:

  1. Wow egg on the head, cake on the face. I would hate to see what they do to people they DON'T like.

    ReplyDelete