Monday, October 12, 2015

Moving To The Country: Trapiche!

HOLA HOLA, 

Well everybody, it’s been an emotional but amazing week. Emotional because I had to say goodbye to my beloved Año Nuevo. Amazing, because they sent me to one of the coolest areas of the mission...Trapiche!

 We had a sad sad goodbye to Año Nuevo, and a final Family Home Evening with Joselyn and Ingrid. They were crying hard, and said that I have come to be like a brother to them, and that they will never forget me. Manuel was also crying. Hermana Sonya was also crying. It was such a tender moment. Joselyn Ingrid and Marcos, my 3 converts made a final goodbye video, and I’m not gonna lie...I cried too! SO many amazing experiences back in Año Nuevo that I will never forget as long as I live. 

      President put me back as District Leader, over a bigger District of 6 missionaries, 4 Elders and 2 Sisters. Almost all are super young in the mission, with like 1 or 2 changes each.  I am the oldest missionary in the District.

I am in like a very cool area in the mission too! Trapiche is kind of in the outskirts of the mission, and it is like the country! Super Tranquilo, quiet, and full of farmers fields, where the Peruvians don’t even use machinery, and they just plant and harvest by hand. There is a big awesome river, with a little village type thing down by the river, and a huge chunk of my area is this Jungly forested area. There’s cows, goats, etc, and I don’t have to buy bagged milk anymore, because here you can get fresh farm milk straight from the cows!

Here they don’t have a Ward, we are in a Branch. And the leaders were talking to us and want us to help look for a place to rent out to have church, because the chapel where we meet is too far away. 

     The Branch is super awesome and willing to help out a ton! We had to kind of start from scratch, but we already have a bunch of cool people with a ton of progress. We are excited to teach Antonio, Angelica, and Angelo.

My new companion is Elder Gil (pronounced Heel in english), and he is from Mexico. He just barely finished his training in the mission, so is super young, humble, kind, and excited to work hard. We are going to get along great! Should be fantastic! 

One of our recent converts has 50+ dogs, like 15 of which are the Peruvian Hairless breed. The apartment is kinda small, but new and nice, and hey a small apartment means it’s easy to clean right? At night out here it is SILENT. And there is a papaya tree right outside my window. There’s a TON of banana trees all over the place. Bring it On Trapiche!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am super excited to work out here in Trapiche, and I know that if we work hard, the Lord will put the people in our hands! I trust in that completely.

 Love ya´ll so much!
 Love, Elder Reschke. 

P.S. I guess I’m kind-of a cowboy now, right??
P.S.S: Having a Mexican companion is the best!
 We are making tacos today!!

Questions Elder Reschke answered this week:

What lessons did you learn with Elder Ramirez?
With Elder Ramirez I learned to be more sensitive of the feelings of others. 
  I ended the transfer well with Elder Ramirez.
 I love him, and I wish the best for him. 

What do you think of your new companion so far?
He is going to be a great companion! I am excited to work with him. The funny thing is that I met him the day I picked up Elder Ramirez, because he got here with  Elder Ramirez.  His dad in the mission and I just did a switch, and his dad in the mission is now with  Elder Ramirez!

Do you know any of the missionaries in your new District?
I know Elder Romero, from Cusco. He is my buddy, and has a year in the mission.

What is the miracle of the week?
Miracle is that we found a cool guy who is already coming to church! 

Scripture of the week?
The Scripture is something super original!  
Nephi 1:1, where we read about the importance of raising our children with good values:

1:1 (I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.”)

                                            Saying good-bye to the old District:
                                                            Good byes are always hard:
                                                     Saying goodbye to the new converts:
                                                              Good-bye to our friends:
                                                                        Good-bye:
                                                                  One last good bye:
                                                     Elder Reschke and Elder Hilario:
                                                 Saying good bye to Manuel was hard:
                                                                           Good bye:
                                            Good bye to my beloved  Año Nuevo:

                                                                 Good bye dog:
                                           Time to say good bye to my son, Elder Ramirez:
                                    A package in the mail from McKenna was a fun surprise:

                                                           Elder Gil and Elder Reschke:
                                                           Lunch in my new area:
                                                                   My new area:
                                                              Peruvian hairless dogs:
                                                            My new area, Trapiche:
                                                      Cooking in our new apartment:
                                                             Elder Reschke and Elder Gil:

No comments:

Post a Comment