Monday, October 19, 2015

TACOS!

Hola, 
It was a good week for us here in Trapiche. For P. Day Monday, we had P. Day with my old Zone, which was kinda strange. Got to see two of my old Companions: My Son, Elder Ramirez. And my father in the mission, Elder Martinez. It was a good day.

For Family Home Evening, we made Tacos. I am the homemade tortilla MASTER!

On Tuesday, for the District Meeting, I brought breakfast for my District, which was kinda fun. We had a good Zone Conference with President Erickson, and we talked all about the importance of all of the Auxiliary Organizations of the church. 

We had a solid week of finding new people, and did a lot of knocking on doors. This week was also a week full of doing baptismal interviews and visiting the other areas to do work visits, which was a lot of fun. The thing about being District Leader is that instantly, the Investigators, Converts, etc. from the entire District become YOUR own Investigators. So, I get to know them. Four of them got baptized on Saturday which was good.

We had a good lesson yesterday with a new Investigator named Lily. She doesn’t believe in God.   BUT, we taught her the best Plan of Salvation that I have taught in my whole mission. The Spirit was super strong, and in the end she said, "Well, I am a little more of a believer now." We are excited to keep working with her.

When we were comin´ home last night, we were like 5 contacts short of getting to 101 which was our goal.  Ordinary missionaries would have just gone home because we were super tired and right by our house. BUT, we decided to get to the goal. Coincidentally, the last two people were a GOLDEN FAMILY.  Married, awesome, super nice, and when we asked them what day we could visit them, they said,  “Wednesday at eleven, so we can all eat lunch together!”   WOW. I just know that Heavenly Father was testing our diligence in that moment, and blessed us with that family. I’ll let ya all know how it goes. 

Thanks for all you do, and have a great week.

 Love, 
Elder Reschke. 

P.S. This week I bought some milk STRAIGHT from the cow. It was super tasty, and a lot better than the bagged stuff they sell in the stores.

Questions Elder Reschke answered this week:

Inquiring minds want to know; WHAT happened to Carlos?
As far as I know, members in my old area have him.  If I would have stayed in my old area, we would have eaten him, but it’s kinda hard to bring a guinea pig in a taxi to a new area!  

Did you get the package we sent?
Nope, not yet. Probably this week!

How do you like your new companion? Tell us about him.
Elder Gil is from Chiapas Mexico.  He speaks a fair amount of English and sings in English. But we always just talk in Spanish.  We laugh a lot and he teaches really well!  We get along great.

What are you going to do for P. Day today?
We are going to make tacos with the Zone Santa Isabel, and play soccer and stuff.  Should be fun!

How far are you from your Mission Office?  Your old area?
Maybe half hour from the offices. It’s funny because vertically, my area is between my two old areas.  But horizontally, it’s a lot further west than my two old areas.

Have you had the farm fresh milk yet?
Yes and it’s super tasty.

What is the Branch like?
The Branch is super cool with about 200 members.  A majority are women and children. Only about 60-70 people come.  We are finding a lot of new Investigators.  

What is the scripture of the week?
The scripture is Isaiah 55:8-9.  
8:   For my thoughts are not your thoughts, 
neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9:   For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
 so are my ways higher than our ways, 
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

What is the miracle of the week?
The miracle is, that right when we were going to quit for
the night, and were so tired, we decided to knock on one more
door.  And behind that door was a Golden Family!


Our complete kitchen at the moment.  It works great:
                                                        Making tacos with Elder Gil:
                                                          The tacos were super tasty:
                                                                  District Meeting:
                                      This area is super green and pretty, and also super dusty:
                                                         Nice to see some green:
                                                              Walking lots of miles:
                                                                A day in Trapiche:
                                                                      Fields of corn:
                                    Our Convert Maria has this little Peruvian Hairless puppy,
                                      and ya can't lie, it's the cutest thing you've ever seen:
             This is a painting of Jesus that a super special needs kid made for me...personalized
            with my name and everything. He is very handicapped, but he has an amazing talent:

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! For some reason I love the walking down the road picture!

    ReplyDelete