Monday, November 16, 2015

Amazing Week.


Hola Familia Y Amigos,

Do you like the creativity of my subject line?  I say AMAZING WEEK because there
really is no other way to describe it.

I honestly have no idea what is happening here in Trapiche.  The Lord has blessed us so much lately with SO many amazing people to teach, and these people are progressing rapidly. We have 3 baptismal dates, and many people with which we are ready to talk about a baptismal date.  We also have some families to marry for December, that will definetly get baptized as well.  

We were blessed with nine investigators in the chapel yesterday, and they all enjoyed church quite a bit.  

We had a neat experience this week, when we saw a one legged man wheeling himself on over to his house, and we ran over and wheeled him to his house.  While there, we contacted his wife and nephew and set up an appointment to visit with them.  We visited  them twice, and met their other nephew, and they are very excited about our message.  Yesterday we were able to bring the four of them to church, including the man with one leg, who came on his crutches.  THAT is dedication.  He is a real nice guy, and of lack of a better word to describe him  
I would have to say “Jolly”.  I have a lot of faith in this family and know they will progress well.

Preparing for baptism, we have David, Betty, and Nelida.  They are coming along well, and we are going to keep visiting them this week.

Other highlight of the week is that I “sacrificed” the World Cup.  Ya know why?  Because the night before the World Cup, as we were getting pumped for the game, the Zone Leaders asked me if I wanted to accompany a big group of recent convert from the stake to the temple to do the work for their ancestors.  I was instantly like…OF COURSE!  As much as I love the World Cup, I hadn’t been to the temple here yet, and have been anxious to go.  SO, Tuesday, I FINALLY made it to The House of The Lord, here in Peru.  It was so beautiful, and we helped by being witnesses and doing confirmations.  The Spirit was so strong!  I am so happy for the great opportunity I had.  I was able to swing by the temple store after, and pick up a couple of little things to throw in my Christmas package I am sending home.

I am so grateful to be a missionary.  I know I say that a lot, but it’s the truth.  I honestly love it with all my heart.  Being able to see all those recent convert get to the temple was just a joyous sight.  It made me really reflect on the Joys of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  This church is true, this gospel is true, and Jesus Christ LIVES and LOVES US.  Hope y’all have a great week.  I know I will.

Love,
Elder Reschke.

P.S.  My team only took 3rd place in the World Cup, but that’s probably because one of their prime defenders was busy on one the Lord’s errands:)

Questions Elder Reschke answered this week:

What is the miracle of the week?
The miracle is that I got to go to the temple.

What is the scripture of the week?
The scripture of the week is D & C 39.  The whole chapter is about baptism. 
 It is super cool; read it!


                                                                          Lima Peru Temple:

                                                                      At the temple:
                                              Elder Gill and Elder Reschke at the temple:
                                                                      At the temple:
                                                              The temple is beautiful:
                                                    The road we walk down each day:
                                                               Elders:
                                                    Christmas package heading home:

1 comment: