Monday, November 23, 2015

Plot Twist of the Century.

Hola Familia Y Amigos. 

This was a week full of surprises. First off, on Monday they surprisingly told me that I had a change of area.  Didn’t see that one coming, because I only had one transfer in Trapiche. So, after barely unpacking the suitcases, I packed them again. The next day, they announced that Elder Reschke would be the new Zone Leader of the Zona Carabayllo. Totally didn’t see that one comin´ either! So here I am, writing you from Carabayllo with my new companion and fellow Zone Leader, Elder Romero from Honduras.  This is his last change in the mission, and he has a lot of experience. 

This is going to be quite an adventure, but mostly I am just excited for this great opportunity to serve and help others. They say that the Zone Leaders always lose like a solid 10 or 15 pounds, and that they never sleep because the phone is always ringing off the hook, but bring it on! 

Now, I am in charge of the following:   Zone Trainings, Zone Meetings, Nightly Verification, weekly numbers, finances of the Zone, materials of the Zone, letters and packages, work visits to all parts of the Zone, P. Days, and pretty much EVERYTHING.

I am honored that the Lord has trusted me with this sacred responsibility, and I am ready to serve him with all of my heart might mind and strength.

There are 16 people in the Zone, 10 Elders, 6 Sisters.   Our apartment is nice. The area is loaded with cool members, and is very flat except for a hill.
My first area, was in the District of Carabayllo.  The Zona Carabayllo is in the District of Comas still, but is called Carabayllo because of the Stake here. 

In my first area, I had a whole six weeks to get to know my area. NOW, I had 5 days to get to know the whole entire Zone. This week I was in my own area only one day, because for five days I was traveling from area to area to visit and see how the work is going there.  I met tons of cool people this week, and did a lot of climbing in the very tip top of the hills.  I met a family that gave us fresh Cachanga, which is a traditional Peruvian fried bread.  It is so good.  I met a family that cooked us some tasty American pancakes, and I was able to help the other Elders and Sisters of the Zone.

I gave my first Zone training on Tuesday, which went well, and the Zone seems pretty cool. This is gonna be a wild ride, but I am super excited! If anyone has any suggestions of cool stuff I can do with the Zone, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have dedicated myself to this sacred responsibility, and I am super excited to help be an instrument in the Lord’s hands and help and serve the people that live in the Zona Carabayllo.

Un Abrazo Fuerte, 
Elder Reschke.

P.S. We discovered this week that Bananas and Sprite don’t mix well in you stomach.
 Don’t try it. 

Questions Elder Reschke answered this week.

Miracle of the week?
Miracle of the week is that Bety in Trapiche got baptized on Saturday!

Scripture of the week?
1Nephi Chapter 13.  That is a solid chapter!  Read it!

Did you get your package?
The package got delayed because the had sent it to my old Zone and I got changed so the old Zone had to send it back to the office and they are going to give it to me this week.  I am super excited!

Are you happy?
I am super happy. This is going to be such an adventure.  

                                                        Elder Stoker and Elder Reschke:
                               Hermanas, Elder Reschke, Elder Romero, Elder Gil, Elder Stoker:
                                               Elder Reschke and Elder Romero.
                                            (This is Elder Romero from Cuzco.
Not to be confused with Elder Romero from Honduras who is Elder Reschke's companion.):

                                                     They feed us well.  Such good food:


                                                    Saying good bye to my old area:
                                                                          Good bye:
                                                                Good bye:
                               (Although he was only there a short time, Elder Reschke loved
                                         Trapiche and the people there that he served):
                                                                          Trapiche:
                                                              Good bye Trapiche:

                                                      Elder Reschke and Elder Pastenes:

                                             Next week I will explain how I got ahold
                                                 of an authentic Krispee Kreme donut:
                                       Elder Romero, Elder Reschke, Elder Gil, Elder Stoker:

                                                  There are scorpions in my new room.
                            The death toll (of the scorpions of course) is already at two.  Score!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for a new area! Boo for the scorpions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great attitude no matter where you are at or whatever the circumstances!

    ReplyDelete