Monday, May 2, 2016

The Zone is PUMPED!

Hola Familia y Amigos.

It was a pretty chill week for us here in Canto Grande. All is well. For P. Day we went to Plaza Norte, and ate at Chili’s as a Zone, and then explored around the Peruvian artisan souvenirs for a bit.

We had a good week actually. Tuesday we had our monthly Zone meeting. April didn’t turn out quite how we thought it would, so as a Zone we decided to put the highest goal that this Zone has had in months. 21 baptisms. That is the goal, and I know this Zone has the sufficient faith and diligence to reach it. It was definitely a goal meeting I will never forget. 

I was able to do a few work visits this week up in the hills to go meet the Investigators of the other companionships in the Zone, so that was a fun experience. 

So from what I’ve heard, the mountains that we always hike around in to go proselyte are actually an extension of the Andes. So, technically you could say that “we always go hike in the Andes to preach the gospel.” Haha I still have to confirm that one, because it might be totally false:) 

On Thursday night we had a surprise visit from the Assistants to talk a little bit about how the Zone is doing. Elder Bradford and I planned a training meeting for the District Leaders and we made breakfast for them, so I think that got them fairly pumped.

The Familia V. (The family of Christian who is getting baptized) is really coming along. They are definitely one of the best families I have met in the whole mission. Christian and Renzo are both excited for their baptism this week. Looks like I will have the privilege of baptizing Renzo. We had a two hour lesson about tithing, and he FINALLY accepted the principle. This should be a good week for us. I will let you all know how it goes!

     I know this Gospel is true. Throughout the duration of my time here, I have gained a burning, passionate testimony of this work, and the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There is nothing on this planet that will bring us greater joy than our obedience to the principles and ordinances of the Gospel. 
It’s all so true! 
Love you all so much,and I hope you all have a fantastic week.

Con Amor,
Elder Reschke.

P.S. Somehow I got signed up to give a talk on Mother’s Day.
Not sure how that one worked out. Wish me luck:)

Questions Elder Reschke answered this week:

I see it is 81 degrees this morning, as I write you, what is the weather like?  Does it feel hot?
It still feels hot during the day.  
But it is cooling off really well at night now, which is nice.

Miracle of the week?
The miracle is that we convinced Janice to stop working on Sundays so she can come to church.

Scripture of the week?
The scripture of the week is all of the first chapter of Ether.
There is a lot to contemplate there!
Zone picture at the city center of Lima last week:
                                                                           Our Zone:

Chicharrón de chancho con choclo.  (Chicharrón in Perú, is made using what is called
country style ribs in the U.S.  The rind is not used at all.  The meat is boiled with
seasonings and spices until no water remains, and then fried in its own fat.  It is often served with a relish made of red onion and lime juice.):




No comments:

Post a Comment